IASA welcomes you to participate in the 47th Annual IASA Conference hosted by and held at the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., USA from 24-29 September 2016.
IASA invites everyone engaged in or simply curious about the discovery, care, preservation, and dissemination of our sound and audiovisual heritage, to join us in the US capital and explore the digital landscape as it impacts and benefits us all.
This year's conference theme, A World of Opportunity: Audiovisual Archives and the Digital Landscape, will touch upon and delve deeply into the following sub-themes:
- Born digital audiovisual content
- Continuing issues surrounding digitization (dematerialization)
- International access to intellectual property
- Planning for and supporting large files and large data storage
- Content integrity and authenticity
- Metadata management for internal and external uses
- Managing obsolescence in formats, software, and hardware
Programme to include papers, tutorials, and practical workshops.
Wait! There's more!
Extend your stay in Washington DC by one day and attend this exciting follow-on event: The National Endowment for the Humanities will host a one-day symposium on Friday, September 30 at The Constitution Center in Washington, D.C. tentatively titled Preserving Our Audiovisual Cultural Heritage. The symposium aims to foster collaboration among humanities scholars, preservationists, educators, students, curators, and filmmakers. Information about registration and the program agenda will follow. If you have questions about the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org